Well-Being for Academic & Personal Success
This workshop is presented by York University’s Health Education & Promotion team, a division of of Student Counselling, Health and Well-being. We offer a range of services including training programs, workshops, and peer-to-peer consulting. We educate in the areas of mental health and well-being, physical health, nutrition, sleep, sexual health, alcohol, cannabis and other drugs.
This presentation focuses on skills and principles of wellness and well-being. Students will gain valuable insight on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle to support success and guidance on maintaining a healthy balance between school, work and social activities. Peer Health Educators will also review the wealth of campus well-being resources and how to access them proactively.
To reserve your spot, please complete our registration form.
In this presentation, you will learn about:
- debunking myths of unhealthy university lifestyles (ie. all-nighters, drinking, drugs, sex.)
- wellness tips for body, mind and spirit, including physical fitness, stress management and relaxation;
- dealing with isolation and loneliness as university students;
- university resources to support well-being;
- balancing school, work, and the rest of life; and
- accessing wellness resources proactively.
By the end of this presentation, students will:
- know and be able to apply practical tips and skills for personal well-being;
- develop an awareness of campus well-being resources and when to use them; and
- build confidence in your readiness to begin university studies.
Before attending the presentation:
- Log into your Zoom account (with your Passport York credentials) prior to clicking the meeting link.
- Fill out our anonymous Pre-Test Form (it takes less than 1 minute to complete). This form helps us ensure our presentation meets the needs of the student body.