UNHack 2023: Design Solutions – Impact Lives
Note: This a paid event and participants who complete the event will be refunded the $10 registration fee upon submitting their reflection survey by Nov. 1.
Are you an undergrad student in a post-secondary school?
If so, you’re invited to join us for an unforgettable weekend, where we will work together to try and solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
UNHack – focused on “UN Sustainable Development Goals” is calling all aspiring change-makers.
Whether you’re in engineering, business, science, health, environmental studies, humanities, or more, join other like-minded students and solve some of the world’s most important problems. Over the weekend, you will collaborate on addressing global challenges, and form teams, to follow our structured design thinking approach.
During the weekend, you will be led through our structured design sprint:
- Discover your passion and enrich your university experience
- Connect with like-minded people and make new friendships
- Explore career opportunities and grow your professional network
- Learn about real-life challenges and develop critical skills
- Build a business case, and create a pitch
You will have access to Mentors, Workshops, Startup Founders and co-founders and will be provided with networking opportunities to connect and learn.
Who can apply?
The event is open to all undergraduate university and college students who have an interest and passion for making an impact in their community and beyond.
Prizes valued in excess of $2,000.
Schedule (Location: Bergeron Building)
- Check in: Friday, Oct. 27 at 5:30pm
- Opening Ceremony: Friday, Oct. 27 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Team formation and problem identification
- Saturday, Oct. 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Solution Development, Solution Validation and Making a Business Case
- Closing Ceremony: Sunday, Oct. 29 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Students practise pitching and receiving feedback; invited teams will make a pitch and be awarded prizes.