Transportation Equity & Justice Speaker Series: Session 1
Transportation plays a major role in societies. Equity and justice in transportation and transportation projects can greatly contribute to social justice through providing equitable and just access to transportation, economic opportunities, social and recreational activities. Communities across Canada and globally are trying to increase equity and justice in transportation. CIFAL York in partnership with UNITAR, The City Institute, and York Region organized a webinar series to provide a space for knowledge exchange and experience sharing between experts and policy makers to discuss how equity and justice issues and considerations are addressed in transportation.
The speaker series is designed to:
- discuss and exchange knowledge about the current state of equity and justice in transportation in different cities, municipalities and jurisdictions;
- explore and understand current and future that different municipalities and government levels have to address equity and justice in transportation;
- explore equity and justice in different areas of transportation such as public transit, walking, cycling, etc.;
- examine and discuss how other municipal operation and plans impact or contribute to transportation equity and justice;
- understand how transportation equity and justice can be measured at different levels;
- learn about types of standards or best practices that are available for enhancing transportation equity and justice;
- examine the roles that different stakeholders can play in transportation equity and justice; and
- explore how building partnerships can help enhance the development of healthy public policies related to transportation equity.
For registration and additional information visit: Transportation Equity & Justice | CIFAL (yorku.ca)