Toasterlab presents Livestreaming I.F.: Indigenous Futurities: Dancing Earth in CyberSpace
Livestreaming I.F.: Indigenous Futurities: Dancing Earth in CyberSpace
Collaborating artist visionaries reveal cyberspace as a realm of ritual, to reimagine the future
Toasterlab presents I.F. : Indigenous Futurities : Dancing Earth in CyberSpace livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Thursday 18 June 2020 at 3:30 p.m. HST (Honolulu, UTC-10) / 6:30 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 8:30 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 9:30 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-6) / Friday 19 June at 10:30 JST (Tokyo, UTC+9) / 13:30 NZST (Wellington, UTC+12).
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020
Collaborating artist visionaries reveal cyberspace as a realm of ritual, to reimagine the future from the brink of collapse of the dominant system and re-emergence of Indigenous cosmologies. Technology is reclaimed to affirm connections between distant places and times. At a time of DisDancing: what is the message from human-to-human; what is the sacred invisible web that connects us? We reach into the constellations to remember ancestral stories of creation after destruction, to guide us forward.
EXPLORING THE QUESTIONS
1. Ritual – to reimagine the future that we are stepping into , and what are are the superhero powers/innate purposes in life/guiding philosophies that we are conjuring and embodying to get there
2. ReCreation post apocalypse: what are our creation stories that can teach us about resilience in the remaking of the world
3. What is the Message from Humans to Earth of Love in a Time of Corona?
4. During these dark times, what is the light that each of us carries, as constellations?
5. at a time of DisDancing : what is the message from human-to-human; what is the sacred invisible web that connects us?
6. Can intuition, imagination, and Indigenous science that parallels quantum theory, bring us together over vast distances of places, time , difference to meet in the spaces between – the connective tissue, the flow, the infinite, liminal space, the life force energy we all share?
Tisina Parker : Social Impact Producer
Rulan Tangen : Director/Choreographer in collaboration with artists
QVLN : Music Director
Multi Artist Dancers/Vocalists/Speakers/ Cultural Collaborators:
Eugene “Trey” Pickett III
Lumhe Micco Sampson
Organization website and social media channels:
About HowlRound TV
HowlRound TV is a global, commons-based peer produced, open access livestreaming and video archive project stewarded by the nonprofit HowlRound. HowlRound TV is a free and shared resource for live conversations and performances relevant to the world’s performing arts and cultural fields. Its mission is to break geographic isolation, promote resource sharing, and to develop our knowledge commons collectively. Participate in a community of peer organizations revolutionizing the flow of information, knowledge, and access in our field by becoming a producer and co-producing with us. Learn more by going to our participate page. For any other queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Vijay Mathew at +1 917.686.3185 Signal/WhatsApp. View the video archive of past events.