Supporting Peers in Distress
Supporting Peers in Distress aims to provide students with the skills needed to recognize, respond, and refer other peers with mental health concerns.
The learning objectives of this session include:
- Helping participants gain a better understanding of the type of mental health concerns that York University students face.
- We will review statistics unique to our York student population to allow participants to better understand, normalize and empathize with complex lived experiences.
- Creating safer online spaces for fellow classmates, colleagues and/or friends to disclose mental health concerns.
- Recognizing the unique ways to respond to potential distress or crisis in an online environment.
- Being able to recognize, respond, and refer students experiencing mental health issues and/or distress to appropriate campus resources.
- Providing opportunities to practice the skills needed to support students experiencing mental health issues and/or distress.
- Increasing understanding of the importance of your own self-care, well-being and the necessity for healthy boundaries to be an effective peer helper.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
To reserve your spot, please complete our registration form.