Strategies for Getting Hired with the Federal Government
The Strategies for Getting Hired panel allows students to meet professionals who do the hiring, gain insight into the field, and get strategies and tips on:
- What kinds of positions and roles there are within an industry;
- What kinds of skills and knowledge are required;
- What the recruitment process is like;
- How to make connections within the field;
- What is involved in the application process, e.g. specific hiring dates, materials required;
- What to expect during the interview; and
- How to succeed on the job.
During this panel discussion, students will meet with Government of Canada hiring representatives that will be participating in the speed hiring event to learn about different job opportunities as well as insider tips on how to apply.
- Geneviève Mineault-Martineau, HR Advisor – Conseillère RH, Public Service Commission of Canada – Commission de la fonction publique du Canada
- Amanda Merrithew, Human Resources Advisor, Shared Services Canada
Space is limited. Be sure to register via Experience York.