Level Up: Becoming an Entrepreneur: Young alumni panel and Q&A
Have you dreamed about starting your own business or becoming an entrepreneur? Attend our upcoming virtual alumni entrepreneurship panel and Q&A and learn valuable advice for launching and growing a start-up business. This panel will feature three award-winning alumni who have launched successful start-ups as entrepreneurs:
- Suzanna Alsayed (BA ’16, BA ‘17, MDEM ’20), Founder & CEO, Evolutz Inc. and 2022 York Top 30 Alumni Under 30 recipient.
- Nick Di Scipio (BEng ‘23), Founder & CEO, Pantheon Prototyping
- Faridah Yagboyaju (IBBA ’22), Program Manager, Bell Canada, Founder, MErai and 2023 York Top 30 Alumni Under 30 recipient.
Panelists will discuss:
- Their career journeys, including starting their companies as students and recent grads.
- The highs and lows of running a start-up.
- Advice for starting a company, touching on a variety of topics including: marketing, funding, resilience and the importance of mentorship.
Registration is required in advance. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions during the Q&A portion of the panel discussion.
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2023 | 12 p.m. ET
Format: Zoom webinar
Host: Prakash Amarasooriya, (BSc ’15), Learning Solution Architect, TD; CEO and Founder, Kashamara Productions