Inclusion Week Series March 6-10 2023
INCLUSION WEEK 2023 – Reclaiming Social Justice in EDI
March 6-10, 2023
CHREI’s annual Inclusion Week is just around the corner, and we want to tell you about our exciting line-up of speakers and events. This year CHREI has partnered across the York campus, and we are excited about these collaborations. Visit our website often for additional information and remember to register early!
- What does Social Justice have to do with it?
A fireside chat with guest speakers who will explore the (dis)connections between EDI and Social Justice
Date: Mar. 7th 11AM – In person panel event
Guest panelists: Prof. Susan Dion, AVP Indigenous Initiatives, York
Remi Warner, Dir. of Human Rights Services, TMU,
Rania El Mugammar, Artist+Anti-Oppression Consultant,
Prof. Jessica Vostermans, CDS, York
In-person Registration here Register early!
(Bring your questions, enjoy refreshments and giveaways)
- Reclaiming the Transformative Roots of DEDI/EDI
Date: Mar. 8th 11AM – Online Event
Our keynote speaker Kike Ojo-Thompson will reflect on:
What does DEDI have to do with social justice movements?
What are the tensions between DEDI and social justice movements?
Are DEDI and social justice movements compatible or contradictory?
This is an online event, please register early
Our exciting line-up continues in the week with CHREI and SCLD workshops:
- A Long Overdue Conversation: Oppression and Privilege Mar. 6th 11am on Zoom (registration link)
- Advancing Organizational Change to foster belonging Mar. 10th on Zoom (registration link)
CHREI has partnered with the Campus Community to bring you events throughout the week. Our Partners:
- Amnesty International YU – Poetry Readings highlighting decolonization
- Athletics & Recreation – Keynote
- Glendon College – Interactive event
- AMPD – Sensorium Exhibit with Prof. Joel Ong
- Schulich School of Business – Fireside chat on tensions of EDI with corporate frameworks
- The Centre – Community of practice discussion with EDI educators
- Prof. Jessica Vostermans’ Graduate Class – Alternative Campus Tour
Visit our website for more details:
Watch this space. More events and details coming soon. The Centre for Human Rights, Equity & Inclusion, in collaboration with partners across York University invites everyone to be a part of this year’s Inclusion Week series. This year’s events are being led in partnership with Amnesty International YU, Athletics & Recreation, Sensorium at the School […]