Improving Your Relationship with Social Media
We are constantly and unconsciously consuming messages from the media, which can manifest insecurities and impact our self-esteem in ways that we may not even be aware of. In this workshop, we will work to develop critical skills on decoding and dissecting some of the harmful marketing tactics used by companies and social media influencers. We hope to:
- Debunk the world of social media, celebrity culture and advertising
- Discuss how to reduce appearance-focused conversations and comparisons
- Show how social media can be catered to empower self-acceptance
Our goal is that audiences learn how to utilize social media in a safe, supportive, and empowering way.
To reserve your spot, please complete our registration form.
Before attending the presentation:
- Log into your Zoom account (with your Passport York credentials) prior to clicking the meeting link.
- Fill out our anonymous Pre-Test Form (it takes less than 1 minute to complete). This form helps us ensure our presentation meets the needs of the student body.