Exploring Open Education lunch and learn workshop
Discover the exciting world of open education during the York University Libraries’ lunch and learn workshop, Exploring Open Education. During this workshop, attendees will learn more about the following topics:
– What is an open educational resource (OER)?
– How to access major OER repositories and locate resources that can be integrated into York courses.
– How OERs improve student learning outcomes by ensuring affordability and equity of access to course materials.
– How OERs provide faculty with the opportunity to experiment with open educational practices in their classrooms.
– How do open licences, such as Creative Commons, facilitate the creation of OERs?
We welcome all educators and students to this lunch and learn workshop. In particular, faculty and educational developers will find this workshop to be very useful, as the topics introduce attendees to open educational practices that can be integrated into their course design processes.