EUC Student Gathering: Towards Food Sovereignty and Arts-based Methodology
Please join Deborah Barndt, Maria Cappelletti, Alexandra Gelis, Diego Lopez, and Chandra Maracle from the Earth to Tables Legacies Project for a lunchtime seminar and book launch of Earth to Tables Legacies: Multimedia Conversations Across Generations and Cultures on Tuesday, Jan. 30, from 12:45 to 2:45 p.m. in 140 Health, Nursing & Environmental Studies Building.
Be nourished with a Three Sisters Meal.
Be inspired by videos on food sovereignty.
Be stimulated by a critical dialogue about arts-based collaborative research methodologies.
The event will include:
- Lunch: Three Sisters Meal (Mexican cuisine consisting of three main elements from the book: corn, beans and squash).
- Video screenings from multimedia book:
- Thanksgiving Address
- The Soil is Alive
- Who Will Feed Us? The Farm Labour Crisis Meets the Climate Crisis
- Conversation on methodology with respondents Lisa Myers and Martha Steigman.
- Photo exhibition of Legacies Project history in ZigZag Gallery.