Black Students Careers Community Workshop 1: Kickoff and LinkedIn Networking (Community Workshop)
Welcome to the Black Student Careers Community!
Hosted by the Jasmine Morton (career educator) and the Career Centre, in partnership with various teams within York University, we will be hosting a series of career development workshops through the ’23/’24 academic year for Black students. These will be safe, inclusive spaces, designed to help you develop your own career success. Workshops throughout the year will include:
- Networking and effectively using LinkedIn
- Writing your best job applications, including resumes and cover letters
- Preparing and aceing interviews
- How to thrive professionally with awareness of systemic issues
- Exploring career decisions and opportunities
- Looking at ‘imposter syndrome’
We also have a LinkedIn group for our careers community! Moderated by Jasmine, she will share events, you can share your successes, ask any quick questions and generally support each other.
Black identifying students can join here
You can also book a 1:1 chat with Jasmine at the Career Centre through Experience York!
To register for this event, login to Experience York and access the Employers Events calendar.