Agents of Change Expo
On behalf of Calumet and Stong Colleges and the Agents of Change Program, we formally invite the York Community to the Agents of Change Expo on Wednesday, June 8, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Founders College (Room 152).
The Agents of Change Program supports students in creating community-oriented initiatives that address the social determinants of health and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through provision of seed-funding, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The purpose of this event is to bring together students, peer leaders, alumni, staff, and other active community members together to learn about and network with the Agents of Change projects for 2021-2022. The Agents of Change Expo 2022 will also be an opportunity to learn about the impact of the current Agents of Change projects in the community, as well as their successes, challenges, and future direction.
For those interested in applying for the Agents of Change program, this will be an opportunity for you to interact with project leads, learn about Agents of Change projects, crystallize your thoughts, and ask questions to Agents of Change Program staff and current project leads. At the Agents of Change Expo, you will have the opportunity to connect with the following:
- Black Students Mentorship Program (BSMP), led by Amanda Nkeramihigo and Edman Abukar
- Discover You, led by Concetta Barranca and Esterina Stella Batti
- Empowering Women in Health (EWIH), led by Tatiana Espinosa
- The Academic Wellness Project, led by Dema Talib and Derya Somnez
- Undergraduate Health Research Exploration (UHRE), led by Parmin Rahimpoor-Marnani, Mohamed Elsayed Elghobashy, Dorsa Shakeri and Amireza Goli
- Lingua Franca, led by Farwa Arshad and Kaye Canoy
- Luminate Mental Health Conference Series, led by Gwyneth Campbell
- Period to Period Poverty, led by Pukky Oluwapelumi Fambegbe
- TorontoTooth, led by Dayana Davoudi
Date: June 8, 2022
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Location: Founders College Room 152 (Founder’s Assembly Hall).
To ensure the safety of attendees, we will be following York University safety procedures as they relate to COVID-19. As a requirement to attend the event, we will ask all attendees to complete the YU-Screen Tool prior to entering the building. PLEASE NOTE: A registration volunteer will confirm your PASSED screening results before allowing you entry into Room 152.
The YU Screen Tool can be found here: https://yorku.ubixhealth.com/login. York University’s Mask Mandate will be followed. For more information on York University Covid-19 Guidelines, visit: https://www.yorku.ca/bettertogether/faqs/.
For more information on the Agents of Change Program, feel free to visit our website at: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/agents-of-change/ or email email@example.com.
In case of changes in York University Policy regarding in-person events or other emergency situations, the event may be shifted to a virtual format. Calumet and Stong Colleges’ staff will update you in regard to any changes.
Registration is free. Advanced registration is mandatory.
Questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.