Adding an event to York University’s calendar is quick and easy to complete.
- Click on “Add an event.”
- You may need to log in through Passport York.
- Once in, fill out the form and all of the fields as complete information is required. If all details are not complete, the event will not be published. For a virtual event, please remember to include a Zoom link in the event description.
- If you would like to have your event “featured” on the YFile email or the YFile website, send an email to email@example.com and use the subject line: Featured Event Request.
- YFile staff will publish general events to the calendar. (Please allow 48 hours for the event to appear as staff check for new event submissions once a day.)
- Do not add posters as they are not accessible – descriptions and details of the event need to be entered in the appropriate fields when submitting to the calendar.
- The Featured Image (is not an event poster) and is only displayed on the event listing. The image must be free of text and added as a jpeg. Images should be 768 by 300 pixels and need to have appropriate alt text entered in the image upload form so as to meet AODA requirements. A reminder that no text should be included on these photos as they are only for visual appeal only. The system automatically crops the image and resizes the image to suit the different calendar views. YFile staff have no control over how the image will show in the listing.
- When selecting event categories in the submission – please only select the department responsible for the event. The event leads will select the corresponding categories your event relates to. For example if submitting a event and you are in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, only select that category, not any others under that category.
- The Central Events Calendar does not display student run or club events. Those will be declined if submitted. Please go to this website to submit those type of events.
- If you have any issues with your submission, please reach out to the corresponding events lead from your faculty, unit or department. To learn who that is, please look at the directory below. If there is no lead from your area, please reach out to YFile.
Note – Events displayed on the Central Calendar are subject to approval from the event leads and can be declined without notice. Please ensure you have read all the instructions and guidelines before submitting. Any event that does not meet the institutional standards will not be approved.